Emotional Freedom Technique (E.F.T.) creates inner peace and wholeness
What is it?
EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Techniques. EFT is a practical method that involves using our fingers to gently tap on the body’s acupuncture points along the meridian lines of Chinese medicine. The technique is often referred to as ‘EFT Tapping’ or simply as ‘Tapping’. The therapeutic effects of this technique are recognised around the world. You can use EFT tapping for Trauma/ PTSD, anxiety, pain, stress and many other issues in order to create Self Love, Peace and Serenity.
What can it do?
EFT Tapping helps us tune into any negative patterns that we have formed around our uncomfortable thoughts, feelings, or troubling memories. We can ‘tap’ on pressure points whilst bringing the thoughts or emotions into consciousness in a gentle way. The aim of EFT is to find Relief, Relaxation, and Promote Healing around the emotional or physical issues that hold us back.
EFT helps us tackle and process difficult emotions
If we avoid our problems then we cause them to remain in our lives for longer, causing even more pain overtime. Fortunately EFT helps us to face our problems in a really gentle, loving way yet completely reprocesses our thoughts, feelings and bodily responses into a state of calm.
EFT trains us to be kinder and accepting of ourself
Each time we have EFT we use kind/ nurturing statements in order to train our brains to habitually become loving and accepting of ourselves, imagine what that feels like. Perhaps ask yourself…’How many times today have you actually been kind to yourself? If your answer is not that much then practising EFT will be an excellent answer for you.
There are 3 key reasons why EFT works so well to reduce PTSD/ Trauma Symptoms and Phobias
- EFT reduces stress: As you become calmer and kinder around your problem, your body will respond by shifting all your systems to a more relaxed state of function and the intensity of any emotional trauma will be reduced.
- You will still be able to remember a trauma, but it will no longer evoke an emotional response. This change in emotions is thanks to “memory reconsolidation”; studies in this field show that ‘there is a brief period just after a memory has been reawakened when its emotional content may be “untagged.” The neurological wiring governing our old response can be rewired during this window.
- EFT is an extremely gentle technique that enables trauma to be dispersed safely and gently.
- I can teach you EFT for Emotional First Aid, which can be self-applied at home for you to use for support between sessions.
- Once you have learned EFT, you will have a skill for life, available at any times of stress therefore you will be wholly supported in and out of therapy if any unpleasant emotions resurface between sessions.